Kinga

Kinga

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Manners

You can be a Szechenyi Professzor (some kind of academic rank) but this does not mean that you have manners, as the following example shows. I received this email from one of my professors after I had made my third inquiry about my results which is his duty to announce without any request. One can never be so busy that (s)he cannot find time to paraphrase a grammatically/formally correct sentence. Hence I regard this as a lack of respect and therefore I feel entitled to publish this private letter.

>BÁLINT ,
>
>MAGA , EGY 5 ÖST, A KAP.
>REGARDS,
>BEÍRÁS HÉTFŐ,
>
>JAN 22 . 1 H , FSZ 27.
>
>***** ISTVÁN
>
>SZÉCHENYI PROFESSZOR
>VILÁGGAZDASÁG TSZK, BUDAPESTI CORVINUS EGYETEM

in English:
">BALINT,
>
>YOU, GET, A, FIVE, AN
>REGARDS (originally in English)
>REGISTERING ON MONDAY,
>
>JAN 22 . 1 H , GROUNDFLOOR 27.
>
>ISTVAN *****
>
>SZECHENYI PROFESSOR,
>DEPARTMENT OF GLOBAL BUSINESS, CORVINUS UNIVERSITY OF BUDAPEST"

No comments: